Please note: these pages are no longer being actively maintained. We are not currently adding links to them, but we will gladly remove dead links if they are reported to us.Webliographies are web pages with links to a variety of useful sites on specific topics.
- Business and Consumer Resources
Information on companies, products, investments, and running a business.
- Coping Resources for Dealing With Tragedy
Information on coping with tragedy and terrorism.
- Education Resources
Information on schools and financial aid, and some resources for teachers.
- Entertainment and Arts Resources
Information on movies, television, music, theater, and art.
- Federal Government Resources
Information about the Federal Government, and Web sites of government agencies.
- Food and Cooking Resources
Recipes, tips, culinary dictionaries, and how-to guides.
- Genealogy Resources
Information to help you trace your family tree.
- Geography Resources
Information on places, place names, and weather.
- Health Resources
Information on medicine, diseases, and health.
- History and Biography Resources
Information on Nebraska, US, and world history.
- International Resources
Information on foreign countries and international organizations.
- Internet and Computer Resources
Information on using the Internet, learning about computers, and downloading software.
- Internet Search Tools
Information on searching the Internet using search engines, metasearch engines, and indexes.
- Job Search and Career Planning Resources
Local and national job listings and guides for career planning.
- Language Resources
Information about language, grammar, and translation, and links to online dictionaries.
- Legal Resources
Information about law, lawyers, and courts.
- Library and General Reference Resources
Links to libraries, library-related organizations, and general reference sites.
- Literature and Electronic Text Resources
Information about literature and authors, quotations, resources for writers, sources for buying books, and online electronic texts.
- Local and State Government Resources
Information about governmental agencies for the City of Lincoln, Lancaster County, and the State of Nebraska.
- Math and Science Resources
Resources on mathematical and scientific topics.
- Miscellaneous Resources
Resources not yet categorized.
- News and Media Resources
Sources of local, national, and international news.
- Other Local and State Resources
Miscellaneous information sources for Lincoln and Nebraska.
- Political Resources
Information about political parties and campaigns.
- Telephone and E-mail Directories
Local, national, and international directories.
- Travel Resources
Information on travel, lodging, and transportation.
Please note: The presence of a link on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Lincoln City Libraries. Be advised that not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information. Users should carefully judge the worth of these sources of information as they would any other resource. Just as libraries do not vouch for or endorse the viewpoints of written material in their collections, they do not do so for electronic information. Web sites may change or disappear without notice. Lincoln City Libraries is not responsible for the content of external sites linked to its Web site.
The following guidelines are used in deciding whether to list a Web site in a Webliography:
- The site should provide useful information.
- The site should provide at least basic information or services free of charge.
- Preference is given to sites that have some claim to authoritativeness or that have been recommended by reliable reviewing sources.
- We will not link to "adult" sites, gambling sites, or sites promoting illegal activity. We will not knowingly link to sites that provide content in violation of copyright law.
- Lincoln City Libraries reserves the right to refuse to link to a site, or to remove a linked site, even if it meets the above criteria.