Library Dance Party!
November 25, 2014 by pjorgensen
Tagged in: braries, public, public library, public libraries, departments, youth services, children, kids, children,
November 25, 2014 by pjorgensen
For children aged 18 to 36 months and their parents or caregivers. During Toddler Time, a librarian reads aloud and leads adult-child pairs in activities. Research indicates the importance of the adult-child bond in building early literacy. Toddler Time also supports early literacy by building vocabulary and sharing age-appropriate literature in an atmosphere of fun, engaging activity.
Lincoln City Libraries presents its popular preschool storytimes at all library locations. Preschool Storytime is a half-hour of books and activities for children ages three, four and five.
Storytimes for Families
The entire family is welcome to enjoy crafts and storytime from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., except where other times are noted.
1530 Superior Street, 402-441-4250
Sundays 1:30 to 2:00 p.m.
Gere Branch Library
2400 S. 56th Street, 402-441-8560
4th Monday of the month 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Sept. 22: Let’s Eat!
Oct. 27: Costume Capers
Wear your costume and prepare for slightly spooky stories.
Nov. 24: Crazy Hair!
South Branch Library
2675 South Street, 402-441-8570
First Monday of the month 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Sept. 8: Shark Week at the Library
Less fearsome stories about sharks.
Oct. 6: An Apple a Storytime
Nov. 3: Let’s Dress Up
Come dressed as your favorite storybook character.
Walt Branch Library
6701 S. 14th Street, 402-441-4460
Tuesdays 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the following dates
Sept. 9: Prickly, Poky Fun with Hedgehog
With special guest from Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
Oct. 7: Stories in the Swamp
Nov. 18: Monkey Business
& every Saturday from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Williams Branch Library
5000 Mike Scholl Street, 402-441-8580
Every Monday 4:00-4:45 p.m.
Tagged in: libraries, public, public library, public libraries, Preschool Storytimes, Storytime, Storytimes, story, stories, preschool, preschooler, preschoolers, child, children, children,
November 04, 2014 by pjorgensen
Our current session has concluded; watch for the program to start up again in the spring!
Tagged in: children, kids, children, dogs, read, reading,
October 31, 2014 by pjorgensen
|Amazing Science and Math||Homework Help||Kids Searching||Preschool Fun||Together Time||
|Children's Literature on the Web||Interesting People and Places||Safety and Health
||Creatures of All Kinds||Kids Create|
- Bill Nye
- Carly's Kids Corner (National Arbor Day Foundation)
- Earth Science Directory: Meteorology Education Guide
- Extreme Science: Feed Your Brain
- Journey North
- Nasa's Spaceplace for Kids
- Math Forum Student Center
- The Museum of Science, Art, and Human Perception
- Neuroscience for Kids
- Playing Games with Memory
- Sci4Kids from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Science News for Kids
- Ultimate Guide to Weather and Climate Resources Online
- Web Weather for Kids
- The Yuckiest Site on the Internet
- Children's Book Choices
- Children's Literature Web Guide
- Giggle Poetry
- Guys Read
- The Harry Potter Lexicon
- International Children's Digital Library (eBooks and online books for children)
- Judy Blume's Home Base
- Kidsreads (book reviews and author interviews for children)
- Scholastic for Kids
- Series and Sequels
- Animal Planet.com
- Bird Source: Birding with a Purpose
- Defenders of Wildlife: Kids' Planet
- Lincoln Children's Zoo
- Omaha's Henry Dorley Zoo & Aquarium
- San Diego Zoo
- St. Louis Zoo
- BJ Pinchbeck's Homework Helper
- Create a Graph
- EasyBib (bibliography and citation maker)
- Electric Library presents Encyclopedia.com
- Fact Monster from Information Please
- Homework Center
- Homework Helper
- Homework HelpNow
- Kids.gov (official kids' portal for U.S. Government)
- KidSpace @ the Internet Public Library
- Online Newspapers
- Quiz Hub
- American Museum of Natural History
- Discovery Channel for Kids Online
- Gilbert Stuart: Making Faces
- National Geographic for Kids
- Star Seeker
- Tramline Virtual Field Trips
- Ask for Kids
- Awesome Library
- Great Web Sites for Kids
- iPL2 for Kids
- Sweet Search
- Fruit & Veggie Color Champions (foodchamps.org)
- KidsHealth (resource on children's health from birth through adolescence)
- Iggy and Rasper's Tips for Internet Safety and Good Manners
- MyPlate Kids' Place
- Ready Kids
- Crayola Crayon
- Enchanted Learning Rebus Rhymes
- Fun With Spot
- Kidscom Mousers
- The Little Animals Activity Center
- PBS Kids
- PEEP and the Big Wide World
- Sesame Street Workshop for Preschoolers
- Wordle (generate "word clouds")
- Starfall (learn to read)
- Tagxedo (create tag clouds in different shapes)
Please note: The presence of a link on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Lincoln City Libraries. Be advised that not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information. Users should carefully judge the worth of these sources of information as they would any other resource. Just as libraries do not vouch for or endorse the viewpoints of written material in their collections, they do not do so for electronic information. Web sites may change or disappear without notice. Lincoln City Libraries is not responsible for the content of external sites linked to its Web site.
Tagged in: youth services, children, kids, children,
September 12, 2014 by pjorgensen
Tagged in: fun, games, sites, websites, kids, children,