Hey, mystery fans....looking for something good to read?
At the February Just Desserts meeting, after discussing our monthly “assigned” book, we did a round robin at the table, asking attendees to share what mysteries they’d been reading lately that they felt they could recommend. Here’s a list of what genre books were hot right now with this mystery-savvy crowd:
· The Lee McKinney mystery series by Joanna Carl
· The Harper Connelly mystery series by Charlaine Harris
· Cold Country by Sue Henry
· The Kevin Kerney mystery series * by Michael McGarrity
· Fire and Ice on CD, a Joanna Brady/J.P. Beaumont crossover * by J.A. Jance
· The Return of Solar Pons by August Derleth
· Watchlist – a collaborative serial thriller by Jeffery Deaver and 21 other thriller writers
· Talking Detective Fiction by P.D. James
· Sacrifice by S.J. Bolton
· What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman
· And finally…one of our members said he’d read a review in the new issue of Cat Fancy magazine of Shades of Grey, the latest in the Dulcie Schwartz cat-themed mystery series by Clea Simon (not currently in the libraries' collection)
So…what mysteries have you been reading lately that you'd recommend?
(* - series that we've used for a past Just Desserts discussion)